The Internet to be Regulated and Taxed by The UN?!
Posted by Lech Dharma on November 1, 2012
Welcome to the New World Order of One World Government (The UN)!
“Better enjoy Facebook while you can.
A U.N.-sponsored conference next month in Dubai will propose new regulations and restrictions for the Internet, which critics say will censor free speech, levy tariffs on e-commerce, and even force companies to clean up their “e-waste” and make gadgets that are better for the environment.
Concerns about the closed-door event have sparked a Wikileaks-style info-leaking site, and led the State Department on Wednesday to file a series of new proposals or tranches seeking to ensure “competition and commercial agreements — and not regulation” as the meeting’s main message
The conference will be run by the International Telecommunications Union (ITC), a U.N. agency that has typically provided a welcome service by making sure that the Internet works across countries. Many of its guidelines were first instituted in 1988. Most haven’t changed since then…”
- Showdown Looms Over UN Control of Internet (blacklistednews.com)
- The Most Important Meeting You’ve Never Heard of (yro.slashdot.org)
- FCC chairman warns telecom treaty proposals would ‘threaten the Internet’ (thehill.com)
- There’s A Huge Plan In The Works To Give The UN Control Of The Internet (pakalertpress.com)
- New plan could give UN control of the internet (1045wfla.com)
- New plan could give UN control of the internet (schnittshow.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.