Another Brick in the Wall of UN Totalitarianism
Posted by Lech Dharma on November 26, 2012
Why does AMERICA keep bowing down to a FOREIGN Governing body? Is the idea of American sovereignty a foreign concept (pun intended) to our elected representatives? Global Totalitarianism is NOT “progress.”
“…It’s unclear what proposals will emerge from the 11-day meeting of the U.N.’s 193-nation International Telecommunications Union, or ITU. The preliminary jockeying highlights the tensions of the Internet age between what to regulate and what to leave alone. The outcome could affect billions of Internet users.
Some are unhappy with the structure of the conference itself.
“Engineers, companies and people that build and use the Web have no vote,” said Google in an online statement. “The billions of people around the globe that use the Internet, the experts that build and maintain it, should be included” in the decision-making process…”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/11/26/google-warns-un-conference-may-lead-to-web-censorship/?cmpid=NL_SciTech#ixzz2DMBqn5hH
- Web access battles brew before U.N. conference (usatoday.com)
- Google Battles UN Internet Proposal, Censorship (theepochtimes.com)
- Google ‘Take Action’ Backs the Free and Open Internet (socialbarrel.com)
- Tech Giants Prepare to Defend the Internet in Front of UN (cnbc.com)
- The UN/ITU respond to Google’s #freeandopen campaign as the EU votes to condemn changes to internet governance (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- European Parliament warns against UN internet control..Google takes action to support open Internet (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Web access battles brew before UN conference (miamiherald.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.